2017 House League Baseball – FAQ's
What are the age groups for each division?
- Tyke -born in 2006 or 2007.
- Peewee - born in 2004 or 2005.
- Bantam - born in 2002 or 2003.
- Midget - born in 1999, 2000 or 2001.
When does the season start?
- Tyke/Peewee - May 16-17, 2017
- Bantam/Midget - Week of May 8, 2017.
How often do the teams play and practice?
- Tykes and Peewees play once each week (Tykes Wednesdays and Peewees Tuesdays).
- Bantams and Midgets play one or two games each week. All age groups practice once per week. The specific day of the week for practice is selected by the coach in mid-May.
Are there any weekend tournaments?
- Tykes and Peewees play two Friday/Saturday tournaments, one on June and one in August.
- Bantams and Midgets playoffs are played tournament style over nine days in late August.
What equipment is required?
- All players must provide their own baseball glove, protective cup and footwear (most players wear rubber-soled cleats but running shoes are permitted). All other equipment and uniforms are supplied.
Can my son (or daughter) be on the same team as their friend(s)?
-Usually yes. Both players should mark any specific requests in the space allowed on their registration forms. In past seasons we have been able to accommodate the great majority of the requests we have received.
How are the teams balanced?
- All returning players were rated by their coaches at the end of last season. All new and returning players are asked to attend an evaluation day on April 29, 2017. Tykes at 10:00am; Peewee at 1:00pm; Bantam at 4:00pm
Does everyone receive the same amount of playing time?
- Yes. Although this may vary from one game to the next, over the course of the season all players should play equally.
Do I have to live in a certain geographic area to play House League baseball?
All players must be residents of Mississauga.
When and where are the games played?
- Regular season games are played on Wednesdays (Tykes) and Tuesdays (Peewees). Tykes and Peewees play at (or near to) Tom Chater Park, 3195 The Collegeway. Bantams and Midgets play at a number of different parks in Mississauga.
Reserve batting cage here
Need a practice field?
Get the latest news
© Mississauga Southwest Baseball Association