2018 House League Baseball – FAQ's
What are the age groups for each division?
- Tyke -born in 2007 or 2008.
- Peewee - born in 2005 or 2006.
- Bantam - born in 2003 or 2004.
- Midget - born in 2000, 2001 or 2002.
When does the season start and end?
- Peewees will play their games on Tuesdays starting May 15 and tykes will play their games on Wednesdays starting May 16. Final games are played by mid- August.
- Bantams and Midgets play their first games around May 8 and final games by late August.
How often do the teams play and practice?
- Tykes and Peewees play once each week (Tykes Wednesdays and Peewees Tuesdays). Bantams and Midgets play one or two games each week (Monday thru Thursday). All age groups practice once per week. The specific day of the week for practice is selected by the coach in early-May.
Are there any weekend tournaments?
- Tykes and Peewees play two Friday/Saturday tournaments, one on June 8-9 and one on August 10-11. Bantams and Midgets playoffs are played tournament style over nine days in late August.
What equipment is required?
- All players must provide their own baseball glove, protective cup and footwear (most players wear rubber-soled cleats but running shoes are permitted). All other equipment and uniforms are supplied.
Can my son (or daughter) be on the same team as their friend(s)?
-Usually yes. Both players should mark one specific request in the space allowed on their registration forms. In past seasons we have been able to accommodate the great majority of the requests we have received.
How are the teams balanced?
- All returning players were rated by their coaches at the end of last season. All new and returning players are asked to attend an Evaluation Day at Tom Chater on Saturday, April 28 at 10:00 am (Tykes), 1:00 PM (Peewee) and 4:00 pm (Bantams).
Does everyone receive the same amount of playing time?
- Yes. Although this may vary from one game to the next, over the course of the season all players should play equally.
Do I have to live in a certain geographic area to play House League baseball?
All players must be residents of Mississauga.
When and where are the games played?
- Regular season games are played on Wednesdays (Tykes) and Tuesdays (Peewees). Tykes and Peewees play at (or near to) Tom Chater Park, 3195 The Collegeway. Bantams and Midgets play Monday thru Thursdays at a number of different parks in Mississauga.
How will I be notified in the spring?
- Everyone who has signed up on our website for the MSBA newsletter will be notified by e-mail in mid-April. Notices will also be posted on our website www.msbabaseball.ca. Please note we are not able to telephone all 350 players individually.
Reserve batting cage here
Need a practice field?
Get the latest news
© Mississauga Southwest Baseball Association